Friday, March 02, 2007

lazy lazy lazy pregnant lady...

hi everyone,
thanks for all the great comments. i can't believe i've been so out of it and unable to keep things going that it's been a total of 12 days since my last post...
i even finally did a comic strip a few days ago but i've been too lazy to scan and upload it,
so i thought i better get something up here now before people give up on visiting this blog. i seem to be more paranoid, or at least caught up in fantasizing that people are thinking things about me, a sort of sign of grand ol' narcisissm...
elvis told me to get off my pregnant ass and post. he's in fine form, actually sleeping soundly at the moment as is denzel. it's almost 1 am and i have the end of my 12 weeks insomnia can't get to sleep at night thing going on. same thing happened last night. i chose to lie on the couch and watch "little miss sunshine" again while finishing a baby blanket for a friend.

ok, so that's my big excuse! i organized a small baby shower for a friend that's happening tomorrow and then of course this evening got depressed and annoyed at myself as i had no energy or motivation to clean up the place and get it ready for tomorrow. all my ambitions of making fun decorations and welcoming posters went down the drain but i managed to clean up a little.
i'm excited to wear my new dress, green with apples all over it, a recent impulsive ebay purchase, but not so bad as it's worth over $100 and i got it for 25$. can still fit into most of my clothes...

so some updates on the pregnancy:
almost at week 13! that means the first trimester almost over and the fun best one begins! i hope i'll have more energy. the indigestion has subsided a lot. i've been lucky to have no morning sickness at all, just my regular awful excema and IBS that i had before anyway.
so far no mania, just a bunch of ups and downs with anxiety and irritability, grouchiness, mild dips in mood that don't last long and some nice sunny happy feelings and lots of good days, i am grateful for.
plus the big news i'm grateful for is that the CVS test came out fine. no genetic abnormalities, and since i got it out of the way about a week ago, i won't need to have an amnio!!! super good news for me as i'm super squeamish.
the CVS was stressful but i wont bore you with the details. highlights were dealing with an overly full bladder, having it done with a needle in the abdomen, and getting to see the little one moving lots beforehand...

i'll post the comic soon and you can read about my fascinating cravings. pickles and mint chocolate cookie (ben and jerry's of course) ice cream are the very latest. i love ice cream anyway but the baby is definitely into the mint flavors which i do not normally go for. i tend to go for chocolatey flavors but the baby has not been wanting any of that...

the newest odd thing is feeling like my belly is really expanding. at times i am kind of delusional and think it feels and looks gigantic already. then sometimes i look in the mirror and see that it's not that much bigger and most people who don't know me would have no idea i'm pregnant. it, the belly, feels much different though. it's a bizarre sensation, i'll try to describe it in a comic strip soon. it's also funny at times i want to tell total strangers that i'm pregnant, most of the time i refrain. there's a weird back and forth between wanting it to be obvious and feeling like it's too early to look really pregnant and wanting it to be a secret that isn't physically obvious and only my friends, family and blogfriends know about it...

also, we just found out the gender because the CVS test shows all the chromosomes. but i'll wait to do a comic strip about it and keep you in suspense to make sure you have reason to come back soon!
sorry for the text. i know the pictures and color are more exciting and a quick read.
elvis will be back soon in full form. his spring grooming is coming up in a week, so that will be big news...

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, my goodness, I am dying to know what the sex of the baby is. Funny, because I really don't like to be gender specific in my treatment of humans, but there is something magical about knowing the sex of the fetus. Makes it seem more human and more real I guess. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am so excited to know someone else who is bipolar and pregnant. Glad to hear that you haven't had any manic episodes. And, I really understand your wanting to do all kinds of neat things for the baby shower, but in the end, just barely getting the house clean. I will be back for more.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

I float narcissism with delusions when I start to get paranoid so I know how all that can feel.

It's not a fun playground to romp around in and it tends to leave me very much alone after a while because I often times shut out a lot of people from myself for fear of something that my mind is telling me is going to happen or is thinking is going on but really isn't.

Plain and simple it sucks.

Congrats on the pregnancy going so well and hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

6:19 AM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

hi, nice to post late at night and wake up and already find 2 such supportive comments! thanks.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ol' Lady said...

I'm glad that you are not having any problems with your pregnancy.
If you think that you are tired now...just wait...you shall be tired for the next 20 years or so :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger txandi prost said...

in the absence of your comix, my heroin , i find methadone

not the same, but intriguing nonetheless.

~t~

6:28 PM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

oh dear, 20 years of exhaustion to look forward to. actually today i was even already tired of being pregnant and wishing the baby could just be taken out fully formed by end of this month. not good to read too much ahead about the many months coming up when i'm starting to feel uncomfortable and kind of miss just being myself, though still super excited to be hosting the growing of a new human...

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home