Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving and new comic strip yet again


this is getting very frustrating. i've written this post a a few times and it keeps going weird on me. anyway long story short mommy is on zyprexa still plus wellbutrin and seroquel but thankful for growing baby, been depressed and difficult coming out of the psychotic episode, got down to earth and off crazy planet quick but it's a difficult landing on earth and recovering from the damage
. anyway no more boobie milk it's all contaminated with drugs/meds. very sad, thus the new comic strip which was fun to do. having a gquiet thanksgiving at home with dog baby and baby daddy denzel. went to a great yoga class. here's the comic strip:

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I am just now getting caught up with you, my friend. And, seeing that we have the same disorder am quite interested in how you are managing. My psychiatrist is already talking about how I shouldn't breast feed once the baby is born because she wants me back on meds as soon as the kid comes out. I am fighting her on it, but your episode makes me think that there might be something to her opinion. I am so sorry that you had to go back on your meds and stop breast feeding. I hope so much that the meds help your mood and episode. Thinking of you.

7:49 AM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

hi nicole, thanks. i've missed you. i'm posting about how badly i'm doing in the next post. i don't regret breastfeeding, i just feel awful not doing it now. if you want to breastfeed, try it with medications on hand for if you need to stop and just monitor your moods very carefully. breastfeeding itself is hard and stressful but worth it . it's just very hard to lose it due to psychosis. thanks for your comments.j

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you had to stop breastfeeding. Maybe you can get milk from a breastmilk bank? I am myself concerned about this issue, because I want to get pregnant after having been on meds for about ten years. It's hard: a baby needs a mom who's not depressed or psychotic; and she also needs the antibodies and other good stuff that breast milk provides.
God bless you and know that I am thinking of you...

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home