Wednesday, May 09, 2007

red dress and the drawing i posted...

hi everyone! thanks for all your words of support. i've been sitting here catching up on your blogs and eating a lot of peanut butter and honey on rice cakes. the best is if you have bananas to put slices on the peanut butter and honey. i remember once reading that a movie star ate a lot of peanut butter when she had to get fat for a role. i ate it all the time when i wasn't pregnant and it didn't make me fat. at this point, i've given in to just trying to be ok with the body stuff. i'm going to a wedding on saturday (i'll get to be not just the pregnant lady guest but the pregnant lady with her boyfriend living in sin and having a baby out of wedlock! fun.) and i just might wear the tight red dress i met my boyfriend in years ago. i tried it on last night and he recognized it right away and said all the good boyfriend pregnant daddy stuff like how hot i looked in it. then i neurotically tried to find out if i looked that different, like i wanted him to say "it's the same you just with bigger boobs and a belly." he then said he was only going to give me a few comments every time i put on clothing and bug him about my looks, which was probably a good idea. anyway the point is i think i'll try to go to the party in a clingy red dress and just flaunt my big belly and pregnant body, more for myself to feel good. it's a fun nontraditional wedding so it's the place to wear a red dress!

anyway about the drawing i posted. i was going to do a comic strip but then i suddenly could not think of anything and i had recently made this drawing and showed it to my therapist. he thought and i agreed, that the baby looked very happy and carefree and i looked happy and protective as the elephant mommy. i felt very happy and motherly while making the drawing and it was nice to show the therapist a happy picture as i mostly focus on my own inner conflicts and dark side in there with him... he also noticed that it looked like i was watering the tree with my trunk and that it seemed to be about growth which i agreed with.

i welcome your comments on the drawing even if you see totally different things in it. i debated whether to talk about what it meant for me as i like hearing what you all think just from looking at my pictures without explanation from me, but i felt like writing about some positive stuff about the pregnancy as i am very good at complaining. and there has been a lot of good positive stuff. it feels good to share the joyful part of connecting with her, the baby!

by the way we are past the 5 month mark!!!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I bet the red dress will look just awesome on you. :)

The drawing is very beautiful, very positive. While I loved the elephant mommy, I also, immediately, assumed the choice of animal was related to body issues (because of past posts on the subject.)

Glad to hear I was totally off the mark!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Mr Mans Wife said...

Wow. Now I'm jealous. I can't think of anything more beautiful than the shape of a pregnant lady - and to show it off in a figure hugging dress? You are going to look amazing!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ol' Lady said...

If your going to be the topic of conversation (pregnant lady livin in sin and havin a baby out of wedlock!) you might as well do it in colourful style :)
BTW not fair to put the baby's daddy in such a place as to ask him about your looks...the poor basturd will never win no matter how he answers...
Have a great time at the weddin :)

4:32 AM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

hi mr mans wife and ol lady,
thanks for the support.
ol lady, denzel has mastered the art of being totally honest about me asking him about clothing in that he can tell me it looks bad on me without me feeling bad. it helped last week when i came home with some new clothing as he let me know one dress looked terrible because of the pattern. i took it back and got a really great dress that we both thought was much better. he sometimes has better taste than me!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Bleeding Heart said...

I think it is great and to be honest I think a Pregnant figure is awesome!

I wish you can show us a "Real" Picture!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i just had to say that i LOVE banana with peanut butter.. have you tried apple with maple syrup?

2:41 PM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

no i havent tried apple with maple syrup, but apple with peanut butter is also good!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Peanut butter and maple syrup sort of rocks too.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home