Sunday, April 15, 2007

mess...

where do i start? i've had a shitty day. it's been terrible weather and i've been sitting in front of the computer doing frustrating work that takes forever and in between spending hours on my taxes which are also frustrating and awful. i won't go into detials but basically i've been angry all day and in between felt like bursting into tears. and now the apt. is a mess again and we just had it cleaned yesterday...
poor elvis had a crappy day too due to the horrible rain. his first few walks consisted of standing in front of the building avoiding getting wet and finding a few places to do his business. i just took him for a wet nonrainy walk around the block. he's so low to the ground that even with his coat on he somehow gets a bit wet. but at least he could move around...
my big highlight of the day was searching the neighborhood for ice cream and other foods to satisfy my cravings and bad mood.
time to go eat: grapes, fontina cheese, special potato chips (we discovered this boulder brand on vacation that has amazing flavors like salt and malt vinegar), and vanilla chai flavored ice cream. (i went to 3 places to try to find ben and jerry's new flavor cinnamon buns that is so great and seems like it was invented for pregnant ladies but alas, to no avail...)

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bleeding Heart said...

I cannot imagine searching high and low for good food in New York!!!

I know the weather sucks big time right now, but it must be so exciting to live in New York City...what part of the city do you live in?

I have four kids and 3 have moved out! It is now me, my husband, and son at home...I clean and the next day it looks like a tornado hit it! I don't get it with just the three of us..and our cat and dog, of course:)

Hope you feel better soon:)

4:38 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Pregnancy + Taxes just has to be the worst combination of circumstances ever. Cudos to you for not having killed anyone yet! I just know I would.

4:59 AM  
Blogger marlena rivers said...

hi dream writer,
when you're pregnant and looking for a specific flavor of ice cream you can end up going to several delis in the neighborhood to try to find it! it bing nyc, there are enough delis in the general vicinity that you're bound to find something! my cravings don't seem to tend toward the gourmet. grapes are big these days... i can imagine your mess easily as just the two of us (elvis doesn't contribute much to mess) manage to keep our place in constant chaos. our dining room is more like a place to put clothes...
amanda, thanks. i felt like i was going to kill someone!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ol' Lady said...

sorry to hear that your feeling like shit...when the weather is crappy it seems to drag everyone down. poor Elvis having to go out in such weather when he is just a little guy, I bring Dog in for extra house time in rainy weather I dont't like to see him getting all wet...
hope your feeling better soon and that you find all the right foods that you are cravin :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mr Mans Wife said...

Cinnamon buns? Hell, I'm not even pregnant but I'm craving them already! They sound fantastic!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home