Thursday, July 10, 2008

the blues

i am feeling terrible. i left my psychiatrist two messages. i must have crie about five times at least through the course of this day. i just ripped up parts of my journal out of destructive self hatred. the baby is asleep and i coul be doing the things i always want to do but i'm just obsessing bout the fact that the dog is not eating his dinner. i am so frustrated with denzel sweetly cooking chicken fo rhim an dthen mixing it with his food and fussing with it in a million ways to make him eat. it gets to the point where i feel angry an want to scream at him to just eat a fucking plate of food to put me out of my misery. i just dont think hes sick i dont know why his appetite is so low. he ate some this morning and a little of what i gave him this afternoon. i know i would feel better if he ate his dinner right now. i'd still be depressed but i'd feel better.
my day is about food. feeidng the baby, going to the food store and buying food, thinking about how to make my dog eat more. reminding myself to eat. wanting to stop eating until he starts eating sometimes.
i feel so antisocial. i had one weird conversation with someone today that got me so sesitivea nd paranoid that i wanted to just retreat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Awww....

It is hard!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope you called your husband and let him know how things were going. Please update us on how you are feeling now.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

If I could only tell you how many journals I've ripped up, thrown out, or burned. Self-destructive, yes. I started keeping one in 1974 and I've continued this destructive behavior for years.
I just started an online journal, which gets my a bit paranoid, but I thought that this might be a way to stay healthy.

I hope things start looking up for you.
-Jon

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marlena,

i hope you are doing better now. i am also bipolar and ttc, have been off meds & trying since july and just found out (again) that i am not pregnant (again) >:( i am 36 and i also have a dog (french bulldog) i adore so was so thrilled to find your blog. anyway, it's 2:30 am and i've been having trouble sleeping so have been reading. this may seem weird from a stranger, but i would love it if you would put a wish in your magic box for my husband & i to conceive a healthy baby.

i will check back and hope to see new posts - we may be on opposite coasts but we sleep under the same stars and i wish you blue skies and warm nights.

"frenchie"

2:34 AM  
Blogger Ann H. said...

"i feel so antisocial. i had one weird conversation with someone today that got me so sensitive and paranoid that i wanted to just retreat."



holy moly... that sounds like the beginning of my paranoid stages. one conversation can turn the tide in a scary direction where I a convinced people are out to "get" me... then I stay at home bc I don't trust myself to sct in a socially conforming manner (i.e. not scream and rip their faces off)...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home