Thursday, January 31, 2008

birthday reflections

my birthday is coming up soon and i am happy to say that my attitude has shifted in a more positive direction.

my birthday gift to myself is to have a birthday day that is stress free and positive and peace of mind for me. this will involve my not talking to any toxic people in my life and keeping all conversations to relaxing positive topics. i hope it will work out.

the biggest birhtday gift for my forty years is my baby girl. every day with her is more beautiful than the one before no matter what is going on.

i sometimes bring her to therapy with me when denzel is not off work to stay home and watch her. my therapist is amazed at how sweet she is and that she is so accomodating during the session. she doesn't cry much when she is there. last week i took her and she was sitting on my lap staring at my therapist, really checking him out. it was really adorable. then after she had a bottle she fell asleep so i could have the rest of the session without distractions! in fact the first time i brought her to therapy when she was only a few weeks old, she slept through the entire session and my therapist made a comment about it.

plans for my birthday: mellow, during the day i will work and have time with the baby and denzel who is home on fridays. in the evening i will be at home and two close friends and my friend's son will come over for a mellow time, food and cupcakes... i am glad that i will do something and not ignore it altogether and i am happy not to have a big party or lots of people. i think when i turn fifty and baby is almost ten years old i will have a big bash, but who knows.

for now i am focusing on the positive and thinking of forty as a turning point for better things to come and a more balanced state of mind.

the baby is smiling now and "cooing" i call it talking but it's noises, she likes to make sounds while her hand is in her mouth. she has a very beautiful soul i can tell. i sometimes feel like she came from some other place, i don't know where, but it's a place full of beauty and light and love...

9 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

wtg!
Nice to hear things are better for you. What a beautiful turnaround.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are getting better hon! and HAppy upcoming bday to you!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Ol' Lady said...

Nice to see that you are feeling better :)
40 to me was a turning point...from that moment on I really truely didn't give a shit what others (toxic family) thought of me & or my life...Ol Man and I live for ourselves :) and we are very happy

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jean Grey said...

Happy Birthday! When I turned 40, a part of me was like, how did this happen to me? But a part of me was like, I've made it to 40, I've seen a lot of life, I'm now a person of substance. It kind of felt good.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Bloodha said...

Hi,you know Terrance McKenna?He had some very interesting things to say about Bipolar.His theory was that the ancient shamans actually had bipolar "disease" & that it was a cherished gift but because of the times that we live in,where our spirituality & connection to the earth has been near severed,we no longer understand.The video is here.
I wish you all the best.Most meds these days are poison. Peace, Blooddha.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am new here but hope not too late to wish you advanced or belated birthday wishes...

Positive attitude is always gonna change our life...thinking positive makes everyone less worried and stress free...

12:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

She also came from a place of beauty, light an love...YOU!!!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Bipolar Planet, and I thought you may be interested in a new campaign that I'm helping to start up. everyminute.org is helping to educate and improve the quality of life for millions of Americans with mental illnesses. We exist to persuade Congress to accelerate research to promote recovery and resilience, and ultimately to cure and prevent mental illnesses. We just launched our website on leap day at http://www.everyminute.org . Please feel free to check it out, and I'd love more than anything to get your comments and perspective on our campaign. Thank you for your time, and please keep up the good work on the blog!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hey there . . .

It's been almost 2 months since your last post. Is everything going okay in your world? I know life gets hectic with having a baby in the house, but just wanted to make sure you were okay.

(I would have emailed this but I couldn't find your email).

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home